Gianni Postiglione (GRE ) I thank all of them for trusting me over these years.

2011 World Rowing Coach of the Year
Gianni Postiglione (GRE)

Whenever an international rowing event is taking place there is little doubt Gianni Postiglione will be there. He has been to six Olympic Games and 29 World Rowing Championships. Postiglione, originally from Italy, has been Greece’s head coach since 2005 and also serves on FISA’s competitive commission at World Rowing events.
Postiglione coached in Italy for nearly 20 years, followed by stints in Japan and Spain, before taking over his current Greek position. The success of Greece since his arrival is remarkable in both men’s and women’s rowing.
The constant pursuit of learning more, relishing unconventional ideas and pulling inspiration from all sporting disciplines is what Postiglione readily attributes his coaching success to. He is known for focusing on the sensation of rowing, including the feeling of the water and the weather conditions.
This is the second time Postiglione has been given the World Rowing Coach of the Year Award. He also won it in 2006.
"For me it's a great honour to receive this award for the second time,” said Postiglione. “My greatest satisfaction is to coach, so I consider this award as an encouragement for me and my team to continue. I am particularly proud over the years, not of a gold medal in particular, but of the results of men and women which demonstrate the overall quality of work that is being achieved with only a few rowers available. I thank all of them for trusting me over these years. The job of head coach is not lonely. I get to work not only with athletes but also passionate coaches. The group that I have in Greece is truly exceptional, I thank them all.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου